Lisa Welch's Chocolate Pancakes!!
Why make these incredible pancakes...?! Well... other that the dollop of our amazing Mocha Spread... obviously optional... these beauties are completely Vegan!!
Right... let's get down to the important bit...
1¼ cups whole-grain gluten-free flour
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
1 tablespoon vegan mini chocolate chips
¼ teaspoon sea salt
1 cup unsweetened, unflavored almond milk
1 tablespoon pure maple syrup or ¼ teaspoon stevia powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
3 tablespoons of chocolate syrup
1. Combine the dry ingredients (flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, flax, chocolate chips, and salt) in a medium bowl. Whisk until fully combined.
2. Combine the wet ingredients (almond milk, maple syrup, vanilla, and vinegar) in a small bowl, and whisk well. This will create a vegan buttermilk for your pancakes.
3. Add the vegan buttermilk and the applesauce to the flour mixture, and stir until the batter is just combined.
4. Let the batter stand for 10 minutes while it rises and thickens as the flaxseeds soak; it may nearly double in size.
5. Heat a nonstick pan. Scoop the batter into 3-inch rounds. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until the bubbles have burst in each of the pancakes and the tops start to appear dry. Flip the pancakes and cook for 1 to 2 minutes more. You should get 12 pancakes total.
6. When cooked, assemble epic stack, and top with Maple Syrup & Oreos!!
The finished Article...
LISA WELCH'S VEGAN CHOCOLATE PANCAKES!!